5/15/2017

The First of the Three

This is part of the Necropotence series. I plan to do three of these, as each one would be one of the critical pieces that the original character needs to conclude his story. I hope derpbutt accepts it. I'm seriously not sure if it's good or not. Let me say this, though.

To be perfectly and brutally honest with myself, I hate Necromaster. I hate that it's a journal entried, passive piece of passive voice crap. It grants a lot of detail, with no action, no climax, no real imagery to conclude the series. We're going to ask derpbutt to take it down, finish these three pieces, and then rewrite that sucker completely. I hate to pull a mulligan on it, but if Stephen King can end the Dark Tower series and then apologetically tell his audience that he hates it and it's terrible, then I can do this. The difference is, I'm going to actually re-attempt mine, whereas his is going to be a movie that would have to end with a new conclusion, or suffer a huge letdown. (Think Orson Scott Card's Alvin Maker series, ugh). So yeah, every writer does it. My bad. I took a crap all over my most epic series, but I'll do my best to clean it up from here.

I think this one has campy parts of cornyness to it, but it's a kid, so maybe that's why it comes off that way. I think the vision/dream sequences turned out really well. Any suggestions on it are welcome, as I have to write the child portion, and the 30 souls portion of this series as well.

Thanks for reading as always, and be gentle. I wrote this one after a two year hiatus and it hurt so good.